1. Do not cowboy virtualization – Capacity planning and architecture is extremely important when implementing a virtual infrastructure
2. Do not put VM or Virtualization anywhere in the name of your virtual machines.
3. Keep people from launching too many virtual servers – When you can deploy a virtual server in 10 minutes it is easy to get out of control – Chasing a monster!
4. Do not try to use old methods of disaster recovery in virtualized infrastructure – create a fresh architecture for your virtualized infrastructure.
5. When planning disaster recovery solution think broad overall solution and not point solutions – DR solutions are almost always too narrow!
6. Think about fail over and also fail back – Plan how you will restore to your original system and make it a manual process.
Also see previous virtualization mistakes to avoid in post on May 27: