Finding the best IT services company for your business doesn’t require technical know-how.
All you need to do is to get a partner that makes, and keeps, these 7 promises.
7 Promises Outstanding IT Service Companies Make – and Keep
1. Rapid IT support response times
Most of your users only interact with your IT services company if they have a question or something breaks. Only partner with a provider that’s prepared to rapidly respond to any issue – big or small.
Our team responded within 30 minutes on a holiday
Jamie Lee Restaurant Group (JLRG) was still going through onboarding when their old provider cut off access to everything on New Year’s Day. It was a holiday for Nortec, but not JLRG. Our technicians got to work within 30 minutes of hearing from JLRG and recovered 95% of their data.
2. Your budget comes first
A good IT partner respects your budget and designs solutions that fit within what you’re willing to spend.
An exceptional provider controls costs and finds ways to save you money. You pay a consistent rate and don’t get monthly “surprises” in your invoice.
How Nortec regularly saves clients money
When we onboard new clients, we evaluate their systems and point out ways to cut costs.
- Switching to a nonprofit license cut the cost of Microsoft 365 by 60% for the United Way of Southwestern Pennsylvania.
- Bundling Azure support with cloud and data service management saved Van Metre thousands of dollars.
- Comprehensive managed IT services decreased DECA’s IT costs by $1,000 per month.
Did you know: Microsoft Gold Partners pass along exclusive savings to their clients?
Use our free online calculator
3. Platforms and apps create efficiencies
Employees lose up to an hour each day moving back and forth between apps.
That’s incredibly inefficient and a problem your provider should solve with powerhouse solutions that consolidate work into single platforms, like Microsoft 365.
An example of how Microsoft 365 eliminates app overload
To work on a document a co-worker shares in Teams, all you need to do is click the link. You can edit directly within the platform and then chat your colleague it’s ready. The document is right there for them too.
4. IT solutions are sensible and easy to use
Technology solutions only work if they are adopted by you and your team. That does not happen if the system is too difficult to use or imposes unnecessary restrictions.
Cybersecurity is a good example because measures can quickly turn draconian. Preventing people from emailing or downloading documents when they are outside the office can prevent data leaks. It also stops people from doing meaningful remote work.
Don’t put your users in a cyber-straightjacket
Instead, intelligently wrap security around their devices and accounts with identity-based solutions. It’s a light-touch approach for your users that delivers rigorous protections for your business.
5. They’re your on-call experts
Get an IT partner that has expert consultants on staff so you can call them to:
- Review your Microsoft licensing for money-saving opportunities
- Get advice on hybrid work environments
- Plan your cloud migration
- Walk through cybersecurity reports
Can you trust that “cyber expert”?
Cybersecurity services are supposed to strengthen defenses and decrease the likelihood a hacker succeeds. It’s a decision you cannot make lightly. Look for accreditations and certifications like:
- Certified Ethical Hacker on staff
- Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) registered practitioner
- Proof that the cyber team has stopped cyberattacks – even for non-clients!
6. IT support is tailored for every level of your business
Go beyond basic help desk support and find a partner that tailors support to assist different team members on projects and initiatives.
How a strategic partner helps your C-Suite and leadership team
- CEO/business owner: accesses experts who share how to use IT to reach business goals.
- Operations team: has someone to find solutions to issues created by remote and hybrid work.
- Finance: gets a partner who designs solutions that stabilize the technology budget.
- IT Managers and leaders: leverage extra resources that complement their existing teams.
Your in-house IT team offloads tasks they don’t want to do
Outsourced IT provides extra help how and where you need it. That could mean additional support planning and executing major initiatives, like a cloud migration. Or your partner could take IT off the plate of the person who juggles IT troubleshooting on top of their core job.
Everyday users get technology that works
You know you have the right support when you rarely hear doubts or complaints about IT from your employees. When a problem does arise, help desk quickly responds and resolves the issue.
Do not work with an IT partner that operates in a black box. Outstanding IT partners clearly explain solutions in plain English, always answer your questions and provide monthly reports to clients.
Nortec’s consultants always skip the jargon
Nortec took time to explain to me any word I didn’t understand. Not a lot of organizations would take time to do that. They earned my trust because they took time to make me feel comfortable.— Penelope Crocker, Head of Marketing, Brand, and Strategy for JLRG
Your Business Comes First When You Partner With Nortec
Nortec is the best IT services company for your business because we put your needs first.
Call us if you’re interested in:
1. Quick issue resolution
2. Solutions designed to fit your budget
3. Efficient ways of working
4. Easy-to-use IT solutions
5. On-call experts
6. Support tailored to your business