Get your business secure and running efficiently by switching your servers to Azure services. You don’t have to break the bank to make the change. Just like you wouldn’t keep driving an unsafe vehicle if an affordable and safer car was within reach, you shouldn’t stick with outdated servers when there’s a safer, more effective alternative solution available – at a reasonable price.
The Problem With Windows and SQL Servers 2008
What exactly is the problem with Windows 2008 and SQL 2008 servers? The answer is simple: these Microsoft products are well past their end-of-life cycle.
When a product has reached end of life, that means the software is no longer supported with security updates, support options or updated online technical content. No more new versions are coming out. The sun has set on that product, and the manufacturer has all but washed their hands of it.
Are you still on Windows or SQL Server 2008? Let’s talk.
Why Companies Are Choosing Microsoft Azure Services
Similar to how you wouldn’t keep drinking from a carton of milk in your fridge after its expiration date, you shouldn’t continue using end-of-life software.
The solution isn’t quite as simple as buying a new carton of milk. Buying new server software usually involves careful planning and nail-biting data migration. It’s the primary reason there are so many companies out there still using these on-premise servers. Some are still relying on these servers because of line-of-business software that is critical for their business and not yet updated to a newer server.
Microsoft made supporting your servers so affordable and simple through Azure Services Hybrid Use Benefit.
Secure cloud via Azure
Azure is sweeping businesses off their feet with its capabilities – and considering the work-from-home movement, it offers businesses a way to hire and retain top talent. Paired with an IT provider who offers Azure services, the cloud solution’s scalability, flexible pricing, security and continuity are unmatched. It never goes end of life – Microsoft’s innovations are rolled out and your servers are updated. That alone can transform your business.
So what does that have to do with you and your unsupported servers? The Azure Hybrid Use Benefit.
Microsoft’s Hybrid Use Benefit Marries On-Prem With Azure Services
This benefit allows you to bring your existing on-premises Windows server and SQL server licenses with active Software Assurance or subscriptions to Azure. That means you:
1. Do not have to purchase new licenses for servers right away.
2. Save money in the short term and the long term when you combine reservations savings, extended security updates, and the Azure Hybrid Benefit.
3. Can take the migration at a slower pace. The Azure Hybrid Benefit provides 180 days of dual-use rights so you can maintain your on-premises operations while adapting to the Azure space.
4. You can keep your existing servers’ licenses past the migration, making the transition even smoother.
By migrating to the Azure cloud, you’ll receive storage, database, deployment, networking services, visualization options, as well as state-of-the-art security, and it’s more start-up friendly.
Before you migrate anything → Download this checklist for a smoother migration.
How To Upload Your Windows or SQL Server 2008 to Microsoft Azure
Don’t put your business at risk by continuing to use unsecure and outdated servers. It’s important to start the process now and minimize the time that your business data is at risk of being exploited.
Migrate to Azure by taking a few simple steps:
1. Consult with a cloud migration specialist like Nortec. We talk about where you are, what you want to achieve and the strategic plans for your business.
2. We design a solution. We look at all the options with you and make recommendations that are specific to your needs, budget and goals. We explain it all, because we believe in transparency.
3. You’re supported. With Nortec, your IT friction is eliminated. We can fully manage your cloud or all of your IT needs. We also work well with your current IT team, if you have one in place.
We specialize in migration to the cloud
Nortec has an elite Windows Server and SQL Server Migration to Microsoft Azure Advanced Specialization from Microsoft. Only Microsoft partners who meet stringent criteria around customer success and staff skills and who pass a third-party audit of their migration practices can earn this advanced specialization.
We specialize in migration to the cloud Nortec has an elite Windows Server and SQL Server Migration to Microsoft Azure Advanced Specialization from Microsoft. Only Microsoft partners who meet stringent criteria around customer success and staff skills and who pass a third-party audit of their migration practices can earn this advanced specialization.
So we know a thing or two about getting your workloads into the cloud.
After migration, we can continue to help you navigate Azure and show you how to leverage this powerful solution to your business’ greatest advantage.