I attended the LifeSize Partner Conference last week. LifeSize, a Division of Logitech, designs and delivers high definition video communications products that provide a productive, true-to-life experience. We have seen a recent growth in video conferencing recently as the cost, quality and performance over standard internet connections has advanced dramatically. Video conferencing is finally moving into the main stream. Craig Malloy the CEO of LifeSize outlined these six trends in the future of video communications:
1. Video conferencing cloud services
2. Virtualization of infrastructure
3. Video streaming tightly linked to video calling
4. Tablet and smart phone video calling
5. Less than $1,000 high definition conference room endpoints
6. Deep integration to UC Platform
This industry is moving fast. The current video conferencing technology is 20 times more powerful than just a few years ago. Craig Malloy expects these six trends of video conferencing are coming in the next two years!